Friday, July 31, 2009

Winding Down

I only have just over one more week of teaching! It has gone by so fast. We are having a movie night with our students on Saturday the 1st, and hopefully this will be a good way of encouraging friendsips bewteen our students and the Thai christians. The next week of August 2-8 will be our last normal week of classes. After that we have a few day trips planned with some Thai christians during our open week, and then a going away party the day before our flight will be the Aggies' last face-to-face interactions with the students this summer.

So last week we went ice skating with all the Aggies, Anne, some students, and some church members, and I got a ton of funny videos and pictures. When the whole group got back to the church, we were about to get something to eat when I realized my camera wasn't in my pocket. I'm thinking I left it either at the ice skating rink in the mall or in the taxi on the way home. Either way it is gone. The best thing would be if I just put it down somewhere in the church building right before we decided to eat, but if this were the case I think it would have turned up by now. I guess I will just have to be happy with the 15 GB of videos and photos I already have from the trip.

Anyways, thank you again for all of your support. This whole experience has been very humbling for me. I wish everyone could see how this church operates, it is a very encouraging viewpoint on being a family and deciding to have passion for each other and for worship.

I will get back to the States late on August 17th, already two days late for work. I may not get to Irving until perhaps the second weekend of September, but those plans are not set in stone. I hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment