Monday, July 20, 2009

Our Schedule is Packed

In the Links on the right you will find more video and pictures.

First I would like to say how proud I am of my ties to everyone back in the states. One of the first things we do in any conversation with a Thai christian is find common friends, and I have many Aggies and people from South Mac that my new friends and I have in common, like Kathy Kimmerly, Tim and Ann Lewis, Steve and Dorothy Witt, Ryan Binkley, and more that I'm forgetting right now probably.

The thing fresh on my mind right now, is that I gave the lesson for Sunday evening service in front of the church. I had to talk for about 20 to 30 minutes, I think I took a little too long, but half of my time was taken up by translating. My notes that I basically read from the pulpit are in the picture at the bottom. It was mostly about Romans 8. I think it went ok, I was probably pretty boring, and perhaps confusing sometimes and too simple the rest.

Anyways, as far as my English classes go, two weekends ago we took all of our students to a beach a couple of hours from Bangkok. Justin the trip leader was sick and couldn't come. So I was now in charge of his stuff as well as my own. I led about 5 hours of games, and then about a 2 hours of english lesson between the 4 Aggies. There are a ton of pictures on my Facebook.

The next week we travelled to Phuket and chang Mai, where I bungee jumped and got my Bible painted (: Now we're back to our regular schedule of weekly English classes.


If you want to read my sermon click on the picture to make the text bigger, I had to load it as pictures sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cameron,
    Your sermon was very good. I was blessed to use it as my morning devotional this morning before work. I know you are making memories for a lifetime and I am so proud of you.
    Teresa Whisnant

    ReplyDelete