Sunday, March 30, 2014

Stolen from The Binkleys in Phayao:

"Our primary allegiance is not to the US nation, the president, a particular political party or even a particular political system, such as democracy.  Also, our tactics do not involve staging protests, trying to shutdown large cities, demonizing those with whom we don’t agree, posting vitriolic words on social media and using violence to get our way.  Rather, our allegiance is to Jesus Christ, and our tactics involve faithfully serving those around us, especially in small ways, with the love of God.  The more we become like Jesus the better we are able to do this.  Our political opinion is that when people in the US give their allegiance to Jesus above all other allegiances the US will become a better place."

From this post, with some minor changes of course. As I read this passage it hit home more and more.

Nishadi and I continue living in a state of weird disbelief. Kinda feels like we are living in someone else's house, like kids playing a pretend game or something.

I have had a continual inner dialogue about what church to place membership at. It always feels like a really epic conversation inside my head but I assure you it is simple minded. I just don't know how to choose. I'm excited to finally decide on a place and start doing some work.

I hope Manziel ends up in Texas somewhere, it would just be more fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment