Monday, November 29, 2010

My body's getting old

So about a year ago playing frisbee some kid ran into my left knee, and the clinic physiscian said it probably was just a sprain so go easy on it. I continued playing on it and doing everything normally as best I could, all through being a summer intern at SMac and stuff.

Then about two months ago or so I turned awkwardly on my right knee playing flag football, and the clinic physician referred me to an orthopedic guy. I went for him to look at only my left knee. When he tested it a little bit he thought it was torn, but wanted to look at my left knee too for comparison cause some people just have loose joints I guess. Right away "When did you tear up this knee, too?" So he suggested an MRI on both knees.

The MRI was hilarious, I had to completely sit still for 45 minutes. For each knee. I like to wiggle when I have excess energy and I kept catching myslef. Just wiggling for no reason. Every time this happened made me want to laugh. But I can't laugh too hard because then I'd start moving around, but that just made me want to laugh harder but I couldn't or we'd have to start over. It was torture. An hour into it I fell asleep and jerked my whole body awake a couple times but evidently they were both during pauses or something.

A week later someone called, a receptionist I guess, and said I tore both my ACLs and MCLs. I'll probably have surgery, ideally one knee during Winter break and the other over summer, (and I still want to go to Thailand the 2nd half) but we have to make this happen fast cause I still haven't actually talked to a dr. since the results came and we'll probably switch to amarillo dr. for the surgeries.

No comments:

Post a Comment